If you’re thinking that your teeth need looking at, or that your smile isn’t as good as it could be, then perhaps you’re thinking of having some dental treatment done. You and your dentist will be able to determine what’s best for you, but here are some of the most popular dental treatments.
1. There are lots of options and procedures if you’re considering teeth whitening. Treatments will vary between patients as teeth condition and previous dental work are all important factors when assessing which treatment will have the best results.
2. If you want a perfect smile, then you’ll be looking at teeth whitening and perhaps veneers to create the smile you’ve been looking for. Your dentist will use a combination of models of your mouth and photos to create the implants you need to get it right first time.
3. Veneers are bits of porcelain bonded to your teeth to hide unsightly chips, stains and gaps. If your teeth show sings of wear and tear, then perhaps you want to do something about it.
4. Dental implants can be used to fill a gap between your teeth. Rather than using dentures or a dental bridge. The implant is actually fused to the jawbone, and becomes part of you.
5. Crown and bridge work can be used to improve discoloured teeth, protect a tooth from decay, restore a broken tooth, and to hold a bridge in place. Maybe you’ve suffered some damage to your teeth due to decay, or an accident, and so this dental treatment might be just hwat you need.
6. Gums are the foundations for your teeth, and so need to be in good condition. There’s no point in having any dental work done if it’s not going to last, because the gums are not up to it. Your dentist will be able to assess your gums and make any recommendations, so that if you do need or want work done, it will be successful.
7. You might need root canal treatment due to a dental abscess. Untreated, it can cause immense and extreme pain, as well as the loss of a tooth or even worse. Knowing what to look for, and having your teeth checked regularly, can help to reduce the risk of needing root canal treatment.
8. If you need fillings, you’ll probably want more natural looking, tooth coloured ones, so that your fillings aren’t obvious. Modern fillings don’t have to be silver anymore. Nobody needs to know that you’ve had your cavities filled.
9. If you need dentures, then you’ll want to ensure that they look natural. Having new teeth will make a huge difference to your everyday life. You’ll be able to talk properly again, and eat the food you want to, as well as having the confidence to smile again. Not to mention the fact that you won’t be in pain.
10. You and your dentist might also discuss any other treatments, or procedures that will give you what you want from your mouth. You don’t have to put up with unsightly marks, crooked teeth or pain.